I'm looking for SCONUL access. Can I set that up now?
I think I want the main library, at John Princes / W1G 0BJ. Or, that is where I think the texts I want are -I'm doing a BA dissertation on LGBT and the media.

Last Updated: Feb 13, 2017     Views: 42

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your query. If you have not already registered for the SCONUL Access scheme via your own university you will need to do that online here:

You will need to wait for a confirmation email. Once you have this, you will be able to visit any of the UAL Libraries - just contact the library you wish to visit first to check their arrangements. You will need to register with the library if you would like to borrow books - this is only possible if you are SCONUL band A, B or C. If you would like to register beforehand, it would be best to contact the library you are going to visit and they can send you the relevant information. See the link below for contact details.

The library at John Princes Street is the London College of Fashion library. This will have some relevant books to your reserch area, but if you are researching the media, you might find LCC has the best resources for you, as that library supports Journalism courses. The LCC library is at the Elephant & Castle campus. You can check first by searching Library Search (link below). When you click in the search box, a drop-down will appear where you can select to search one library only. I suggest you try a few searches using this feature to check which library will be best for you.

Let me know if you have any questions, or contact the library you wish to visit.

Kind regards,

Beth Thompson

Assistant Academic Support Librarian

University of the Arts London

Related Topics